Deutscher Text >>>
Promix launches new CO2 and N2 dosing stations for foam extrusion
Promix Solutions presented its new CO2 and N2 gas dosing units at Fakuma in Friedrichshafen. Promix gas dosing units have been developed to suit the specific needs of foam extrusion applications. The high accuracy, reliability and easy operation are the key features of Promix gas dosing equipment.
Z400 gas dosing unit with CO2
No matter if process monitoring with trend charts and user settable alarms, data acquisition, flow match with extruder output and many more, Promix gas dosing units provide all the required features for state of the art foam production. Furthermore, implementation in extruder control via Mod Bus / Profi Bus is also possible.
The dosing stations are available in combination with a Promix foam extrusion system, but can also be obtained as single component. Promix foam extrusion is a unique, license free retrofit solution to turn conventional extruders into foam extrusion lines. A Promix foam extrusion system allows cutting production cost of semi-finished products due to reduced raw material consumption. It is also used to substitute chemical foaming additives with eco-friendly blowing agents such as CO2 or nitrogen.
Promix Solutions is the market leader for static mixer solutions in the plastics processing industry. The spin-off of Sulzer relies on more than 30 years of experience and 40’000 project references worldwide. The product range includes mixing nozzles, melt blenders, foam extrusions systems and melt coolers.
Promix Solutions can help you to
• Solve your quality issues in injection molding or extrusion
• Increase your productivity
• Save money and reduce ecological footprint with Promix foam extrusion system
►Watch more videos
Mixing nozzles and static mixers for injection molding - Improve your process now!
You can solve many of your today problems in a fast and cost effective way without interrupting your production. Find the hidden potentials to further process optimizations. Save master batch costs of up to 30 % or reduce the cycle time.
For more information please click on the links below:
• No color streaks and flow lines
• Improved surface appearance
• Better incorporation of regrind material
• Better balancing of cavities in hot runner systems
• Better tolerances
• Increased tensile strength
• Close to maintenance-free processing of liquid silicone rubber
►Mixing Nozzle Finderr
Promix mixing nozzle concept
The Static Mixer is installed directly in the nozzle of the injection molding machine. You can rely on an experienced partner replacing your existing nozzle with the suitable complete Mixing nozzle from our extensive mixing nozzle portfolio. Most of the mixing nozzles can be delivered within 1 to 2 weeks.
►Mixing nozzle inquiry form
Melt blenders for extrusion
Do you wish to optimize your extrusion process? Promix offers you effective static mixer and melt blender solutions including extrusion housings at low investment cost.
Promix melt blenders offer you
• Higher throughput
• Excellent distribution of all additives
• Consistent quality and optimal inflow of melt into the die
• Elimination of flow lines
• Homogenious temperature and velocity
For more information please click on the links below:
• Cable sheathing
• Extrusion blow molding
• Pipe extrusion
• Rigid PVC & rubber extrusion
• Sheet & profile extrusion
• Thin film & blown film extrusion
• XPS foam boards
Promix melt blenders for effective temperature homogenization
Thermoscan of PE coating film with and without Promix melt blender
What we offer
• Design, layout and manufacturing of melt blenders / static mixers
• Custom-made housings including heater bands and thermocouples
• Short delivery times
• High quality standard
►Melt blender inquiry forms extrusion
Promix foam extrusion - Retrofit solution for physical foaming in extrusion
Promix foam extrusion is your unique, licence free retrofit solution to turn conventional extruders into foam extrusion lines. Promix foam extrusion allows to cut production cost of semi-finished products due to reduced raw material consumption. It is also used to substitute chemical foaming additives with eco-friendly blowing agents as CO2 or Nitrogen.
What we offer
Promix foam extrusion is a comprehensive solution including all required equipment and services to achieve your microcellular foam product:
- Thoroughly analysis of your current extrusion process and your targeted
- Foaming systems for precise injection and effective solving of supercritical blowing agents
- Extruder extensions and special foam screws
- Reliable and very accurate gas dosing station
- Foam dies and die modifications
- Melt coolers for optimized foaming results
- Pilot testing and sample production on site or in our test facilities
Microcellular foams with Promix foam extrusion system
Promix foam extrusion systems are in industrial use for many different applications and products. Mono- and multilayer foam lines are in operation with capacities of 50 kg/h up to 1700 kg/h producing superior foam products including microcellular foams. Here below are a few application examples demonstrating how Promix foam extrusion can save you money.
• Foamcore pipe
• Thermoforming sheet
• Twin walled sheet
• Sandwich board
- Significant cost savings due to density reductions by 15 - 60 %
- Lower running costs and further reduced foam densities compared to chemical foaming
- Eco-friendly light weight products, use of natural blowing agents such as
CO2 or N2
- Superior foam properties and process consistency
- Easy switch from foamed to non-foamed products
- Fast and easy installation, quick start up
- No licence fees, no running royalties
Contact us today or send us your inquiry.
Melt Coolers and Heat Exchangers
Do you wish to cool down your polymer melt? Promix offers you very efficient melt coolers and heat exchangers for viscous and high viscous fluids and melts.
Promix Melt Coolers improve your process
- Very high cooling efficiency and accurate outlet melt temperature control
- No fouling or blocking problems due to a well-mixed single flow
- Narrow residence time distribution
- Short installation length
- Low pressure drop
Melt Cooler for highest efficiency
Melt Cooler concept
In cooling processes viscous fluids tend to deposit at the cooling wall sections (fouling) leading to reduced cooling efficiency. In the Promix Melt Cooler (PMC) the melt flows in a single stream through the cooler. The cooling media flows in special pipe bundles arranged similar to those of the Promix mixing elements. The intense mixing together with the very high heat exchange surface area leads to effective cooling with very limited risk of fouling. Due to a void volume of about 75 % the resulting pressure drop in a PMC is rather low. The PMC can as well be used for gentle heating with only small temperature difference between heating media and fluid.
Fill in the PMC inquiry in order to get an offer or contact our experts for further questions.
Promix Melt Cooler in operation
Visit us at the Fakuma 2015. We would be pleased to meet you on our booth (hall A2, booth 2105).